The Leadership Agility Coaching Program
[Please note: This is not the Leadership Agility 360 Certification Workshop. For information on that workshop, click here].
Why Leadership Agility Coaching?
Now more than ever, organizations that expect to be successful need a more agile form of leadership.
Our in-depth original research on leadership agility has resulted in what is simultaneously a practical road-map for developing agile leaders and the most up-to-date “vertical development” framework available. As leaders grow, they evolve through “levels of agility” that correspond to well-established stages of adult development. As leaders develop through these levels, they become more agile: more strategic, collaborative, and creative, and more proactive in learning from their experience - not only in relationship to those who report into them, but in all their working relationships.
Leadership Agility® Coaching is a highly interactive online program for experienced coaches. Through self-paced video learning, lively breakout exercises, and group discussion, you will learn how to integrate this sophisticated vertical development methodology into your practice.
For case studies illustrating the benefits of Leadership Agility Coaching, go here.
When will the next Coaching Program take place?
Dates have not yet been set, but the next program will begin in September 2023, and will end with a Capstone session in May 2024. To get on the waiting list to learn program dates and early-bird dates, complete the registration form at the end of this webpage and add "wait list."
To view the brochure about this program, which provides more information, scroll down to the link just before the registration form.
How many continuing ed credits can I earn?
International Coach Federation (ICF) CCEUs: 40
Scroll down for the registration form.
This program includes three modules, each with its own set of group sessions. Each module is a prerequisite for the one after it. All group sessions are on Tuesdays.
Foundation Module – The Leadership Agility Lens
2 sessions, 10am-12:30pm US Eastern Time
- Leadership Agility Model Discuss the Leadership Agility model, participate in a robust conceptual/experiential “deep dive” exercise on agility levels, and discuss implications for coaching.
- Diagnosing Agility Level & Power Style Group exercise diagnosing clients’ “agility levels” and “power styles” using anonymous examples, how to use the Power Style Profile.
7 sessions, including an Orientation Session, all 10am-12:30pm US Eastern Time
- Introduction to Leadership Agility Coaching & Creating a Coaching Agenda Learn our proprietary methodology for creating a powerful coaching agenda.
- Working with “Levels of Reflective Action” Of all ingredients in the “secret sauce” of Leadership Agility Coaching, working with “levels of reflective action” is the most high-leverage. Large group discussions and break-out exercises on how to do this.
- Stakeholder Agility—Expert to Achiever Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Stakeholder Agility—Achiever to Catalyst Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Context-Setting Agility How to use specific questions to help leaders shift their context-setting from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst, when leading change or improving team performance. Coaching exercises and feedback.
- Creative Agility How to help leaders shift from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst in creative and analytical problem-solving. Coaching exercises and feedback using real-life teaching cases.
- Self-Leadership Agility How to facilitate self-leadership agility. Preparation for the Coaching Clinic.
Coaching Clinic Module: 6 sessions, all 10am-noon US Eastern Time
Participants each bring “learning cases” using a simple, 2-page template. Receive in-depth feedback and get ideas for how to use the Leadership Agility framework in challenging coaching situations.
Capstone session: 10am-1pm US Eastern Time
Pre-Work: Content-rich mini-webinars and brief reflection questions in a workbook (about 1-hr. prep for each group session)
This program is led by ChangeWise principals, Bill Joiner and Debra Whitestone. Bill is a global thought-leader and lead author of Leadership Agility. Both have decades-long backgrounds as leadership coaches and organization development consultants, as well as doctorates from Harvard University. They have taught this program, in a variety of formats, many times.
Note: After the Foundations Module, each module has as its prerequisite the previous module.
There will be two early bird deadlines:
|Modules||Sessions||Pay by||Pay by||Full Price|
Option for the First Foundation Session
Those who’ve attended Leadership Agility 360 Workshop within the past 4 years, and/or frequently use the Leadership Agility framework in their coaching practice, will not be charged for the first session. So they can subtract $200 from the total fee. However, we encourage them to attend (without charge), as this session has been found to be a very useful refresher.
Those who register simultaneously for this program and the Leadership Agility 360 Program will receive an additional discount on the two programs, in addition to any early-bird discounting described above. You can read about the 360 program here.
Additional Option for Payment
COVID-19 no-interest payment plan: If your coaching income has been significantly diminished by the current pandemic, we will work with you to create a no-interest payment plan.
Apply to Attend the Program
Please complete this form and click Submit. This will take you to a page describing next steps. If the above dates don't work for you and you'd like to be on the waiting list for the next cohort, please fill in the form below and answer "yes" to the last question.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.