The Leadership Agility Coaching Program
[Please note: This is not the Leadership Agility 360 Certification Workshop. For information on that workshop, click here].
Why Leadership Agility Coaching?
Now more than ever, organizations that expect to be successful need a more agile form of leadership.
Our in-depth original research on leadership agility has resulted in what is simultaneously a practical road-map for developing agile leaders and the most up-to-date “vertical development” framework available. As leaders grow, they evolve through “levels of agility” that correspond to well-established stages of adult development. As leaders develop through these levels, they become more agile: more strategic, collaborative, and creative, and more proactive in learning from their experience - not only in relationship to those who report into them, but in all their working relationships.
Leadership Agility® Coaching is a highly interactive online program for experienced coaches. Through self-paced video learning, lively breakout exercises, and group discussion, you will learn how to integrate this sophisticated vertical development methodology into your practice.
When will the next Coaching Program take place?
The next program will be virtual and will run from Thursday Jan. 13 through Thursday May 12. (See below for exact times).
To view the brochure about this program, which provides more information, including various enrollment options, scroll to the download link just before the registration form.
How many continuing ed credits can I earn?
International Coach Federation (ICF) CCEUs: 42
Scroll down for the registration form.
This program includes three modules, each with its own set of group sessions. Each module is a prerequisite for the one after it.
Foundation Module – The Leadership Agility Lens
2 sessions, 10am-12:30pm US eastern time
- Jan. 13: Leadership Agility Model Discuss the Leadership Agility model, participate in a robust conceptual/experiential “deep dive” exercise on agility levels, and discuss implications for coaching.
- Jan. 20: Diagnosing Leadership Agility Levels Group exercise diagnosing clients’ “agility levels” and “power styles” using anonymous examples, how to use the Power Style Profile.
7 sessions, including an Orientation Session, all 10am-12:30pm US eastern time
- Feb. 3: Group Orientation
- Feb. 10: Working with “Levels of Reflective Action” Of all ingredients in the “secret sauce” of Leadership Agility Coaching, working with “levels of reflective action” is the most high-leverage. Large group discussions and break-out exercises on how to do this.
- Feb. 17: Stakeholder Agility—Expert to Achiever Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Feb. 24: Stakeholder Agility—Achiever to Catalyst Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Mar. 3: Context-Setting Agility How to use specific questions to help leaders shift their context-setting from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst, when leading change or improving team performance. Coaching exercises and feedback.
- Mar. 10: Creative Agility How to help leaders shift from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst in creative and analytical problem-solving. Coaching exercises and feedback using real-life teaching cases.
- Mar. 17: Self-Leadership Agility How to facilitate self-leadership agility. Preparation for the Coaching Clinic.
Coaching Clinic Module
Participants each bring “learning cases” using a simple, 2-page template. Receive in-depth feedback and get ideas for how to use the Leadership Agility framework in challenging coaching situations.
7 sessions, including Capstone, 10am-noon US eastern time
- Mar. 24 & 31
- Apr. 7, 14, 21 & 28
- May 12: Capstone event (10am-1pm). We will reconnect, consolidate our collective learnings, and set our intentions for Leadership Agility coaching in the new year.
Pre-Work: Content-rich webinars and brief reflection questions in a workbook (about 1-hr. prep for each group session)
This program is led by ChangeWise principals, Bill Joiner and Debra Whitestone. Bill is a global thought-leader and lead author of Leadership Agility. Both have decades-long backgrounds as leadership coaches and organization development consultants, as well as doctorates from Harvard University. They have taught this program, in a variety of formats, many times.
Note: After the Foundations Module, each module has as its prerequisite the previous module.
There are two early bird deadlines:
|Modules||Sessions||Pay by Dec. 3||Pay by Dec. 23||Full Price|
Option for the First Foundation Session
Those who’ve attended Leadership Agility 360 Workshop within the past 4 years, and/or frequently use the Leadership Agility framework in their coaching practice, will not be charged for the first session. However, although these people are not required to attend the first session, we encourage them to do so free of charge, as it's been found to be a useful refresher. To apply this option, subtract $200 from your total fee.
Those who register simultaneously for this program and the Leadership Agility 360 Workshop will receive an additional discount of on the two programs, in addition to any relevant discounting described above. You can read about the 360 workshop here.
Additional Options for Payment
Partial scholarship: If you are an internal coach or leadership development working in a health care or first-responder organization, we may be able to arrange a partial scholarship. If you are interested in exploring this possibility, indicate this on your registration form.
COVID-19 no-interest payment plan: If your coaching income has been significantly diminished by the current pandemic, we will work with you to create a no-interest payment plan.
Apply to Attend the Program
Please complete this form and click Submit. This will take you to a page describing next steps.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.