The Leadership Agility Coaching Certification Program
[Please note: This is not the Leadership Agility 360 Certification Workshop. For information on that workshop, click here].
Why Leadership Agility Coaching?
Now more than ever, organizations that expect to be successful need a more agile form of leadership.
Our in-depth original research on leadership agility has resulted in what is simultaneously a practical road-map for developing agile leaders and the most up-to-date “vertical development” framework available. As leaders grow, they evolve through “levels of agility” that correspond to well-established stages of adult development. As leaders develop through these levels, they become more agile: more strategic, collaborative, and creative, and more proactive in learning from their experience - not only in relationship to those who report into them, but in all their working relationships.
Leadership Agility® Coaching is a highly interactive online program for experienced coaches. Through self-paced video learning, lively breakout exercises, and group discussion, you will learn how to integrate this sophisticated vertical development methodology into your practice.
For case studies illustrating the benefits of Leadership Agility Coaching, go here.
How many continuing ed credits can I earn?
International Coach Federation (ICF) CCEUs: 40
Scroll down for the registration form.
This program includes three modules, each with its own set of group sessions. Each module is a prerequisite for the one after it. All group sessions are on Thursdays.
Foundation Module – The Leadership Agility Lens
2 sessions, 10am-12:30pm US Eastern Time
- Feb. 22, 2024 - Leadership Agility Model Discuss the Leadership Agility model, participate in a robust conceptual/experiential “deep dive” exercise on agility levels, and discuss implications for coaching.
- Feb. 29 - Diagnosing Agility Level & Power Style Group exercise diagnosing clients’ “agility levels” and “power styles” using anonymous examples, how to use the Power Style Profile.
Pre-Work for Methods Module: Content-rich mini-webinars and brief reflection questions in a workbook (about 1-hr. prep for each group session)
7 Group Sessions, including an Orientation Session, all 10am-12:30pm US Eastern Time
[Although we encourage those who enroll to attend throughout, inevitably a few people will miss a few sessions. Know that we have developed a make-up process that allows you gain the value from and get credit for a few missed sessions].
- Mar. 7 - Introduction to Leadership Agility Coaching & Creating a Coaching Agenda Learn our proprietary methodology for creating a powerful coaching agenda.
- Mar. 14 - Working with “Levels of Reflective Action” Of all ingredients in the “secret sauce” of Leadership Agility Coaching, working with “levels of reflective action” is the most high-leverage. Large group discussions and break-out exercises on how to do this.
- Mar. 21 - Stakeholder Agility—Expert to Achiever Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Mar. 28 - Stakeholder Agility—Achiever to Catalyst Discussion of a real-life instructor case, but mostly coaching and feedback exercises working on this shift.
- Apr. 4 - Context-Setting Agility How to use specific questions to help leaders shift their context-setting from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst, when leading change or improving team performance. Coaching exercises and feedback.
- Apr. 11 - Creative Agility How to help leaders shift from Expert to Achiever and then to Catalyst in creative and analytical problem-solving. Coaching exercises and feedback using real-life teaching cases.
- Apr. 18 - Self-Leadership Agility How to facilitate self-leadership agility. Preparation for the Coaching Clinic.
Coaching Clinic Module: 6 sessions, all 10am-noon US Eastern Time
April 25, May 2, 9, 16, then a 1-week break, then May 30, June 6.
Participants each bring “learning cases” using a simple, 2-page template. Receive in-depth feedback and get ideas for how to use the Leadership Agility framework in challenging coaching situations.
June 13 - Capstone session: 10am-1pm US Eastern Time
Each session in the Foundations and Methods modules will be facilitated by Bill Joiner. He also provides the pre-work content you’ll learn in preparation for each group session in these two modules. Bill will be joined each time by one of three other program faculty: Bill’s partner, Debra Whitestone, and two guest faculty: Ady Dike, based in London, and Rafael Garcia Monroy, based in Barcelona.
Both Bill and Debra have decades-long backgrounds as leadership coaches and organization development consultants, as well as doctorates from Harvard University. They have taught this program, in a variety of formats, many times.
We look forward to being with you!
The price for the Leadership Agility Coaching Certification Program is $3195.
Early bird discounts
You will receive discounts on the regular price in the following amounts, when you make your payment by the end of each date below:
November 3 ... $300 off (net price = $2895)
December 1 ... $225 off (net price = $2970)
December 29 ... $150 off (net price = $3045)
Jan. 26 ... $75 off (net price = $3120)
Those who register simultaneously for this program and the Leadership Agility 360 Program will receive an additional discount on the two programs, in addition to any early-bird discounting described above. You can read about the 360 program here.
Additional Option for Payment
If you cannot pay the full amount upfront, we will work with you to create a no-interest payment plan.
Apply to Attend the Program
Please complete this form and click Submit. This will take you to a page describing next steps. If the above dates don't work for you and you'd like to be on the waiting list for the next cohort, please fill in the form below and answer "yes" to the last question.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.